Part Time - Admissions
Admission to the course
Click here to download the Instructions for Part Time Admissions F.Y.2017-18.
Click here for further instructions and to download the application form for admission to Part Time Courses F.Y. 2017-18
Admission to this course is done at the institute level through a 2 step selection process (starting October every year)
- Common Entrance Test (MH-CET)
- Group Discussion (GD)
CET is a multiple-choice objective test evaluating the aptitude of the student in various areas like verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, logic, visual reasoning, reading comprehension and data interpretation.
Test is followed by a GD round after which the candidate is finally selected.
Notification for the same is put up on the website as well as published in leading newspapers in October or november
In order to secure admission to first year of three-year part time MMS course, the candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Passed in any full time Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities
- Passed Graduate Examination in Industrial Engineering, Mumbai and who have subsequently qualified in the GATE examination conducted by IITs
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience (supervisor or executive level). The experience should be full time experience and NOT include internships, projects, etc.
In selecting a candidate for admission, appropriate weightageis given to the
- scholastic record of the candidates;
- level and nature of practical experience ; and
- performance in the selection programme conducted by the Institute.
Applicants are required to submit following documents / certificates at the time of submitting the application forms –
- Certified true copy of any other University Degree Examination
- Certified true copy of any other University Degree an/ or Professional Diploma if any
- Certified true copy of Practical Experience. (if the practical experience certificate is in more than one company a separate work experience certificate signed by the employer stating clearly the nature of work experience is to be submitted.)
As the screening will be done on the basis of the above information, candidates in their own interest are advised to submit full details of academic qualifications and work experience. Suitable selection programme will be used to assess the candidate’s maturity and capacity to participate in the programme effectively.
Every candidate seeking admission to any Part Time Master’s Degree Programme must submit his/her application before the last date and go through the selection process on the dates prescribed by the institute. No candidate will be permitted to join the Master’s Degree Programme unless he/she submits the application in time AND completes the selection process successfully
Under ordinance 119, the minimum attendance necessary for keeping terms is 3/4th of the lectures delivered in the First Term and the Second Term separately.
Students should note that if they fail to satisfy the above requirements, they will not be permitted to appear at the Institute/University examination and they will have to take fresh admission and to keep fresh term. No request on whatsoever ground will be entertained.
No exemptions in any subject /term/year is allowed although the applicant has studied similar subjects in the other programmes in management conducted by this/ any other University.
Duration and timings of the programmes
|First Semester||15 working weeks between June and November|
|Second Semester||15 working weeks between January and April|
Timings for Part-Time Master’s Degree Programme:
|Monday to Friday||18:30 – 21:30|
Note: These timings are subject to change.
The institute charges Rs. 51,000 (per annum) for all the above courses.